[library-media] Beehive Book Awards Dinner

Anna Zanarini AZanarini at slcolibrary.org
Mon Apr 16 13:53:00 MDT 2012

Don's miss out!! We've extended the deadline to register for the Beehive Books Awards Dinner!  You won't want to miss hearing our incomparable speaker, National Book Award Winner and presenter/musician extraordinaire Phillip Hoose who will share all his talents with us.  More information can be found below or on the attached flier.  Also, information and the registration form can be found at www.clau.org<http://www.clau.org>.

Thanks so much!

Anna Zanarini

2011-12 CLAU President

The Children's Literature Association of Utah (CLAU)

invites you to attend the

Beehive Book Awards Dinner

with special guest speaker

National Book Award Winner, Phillip Hoose

Friday, April 20, 2012 at 6:30pm

Joseph Smith Memorial Building -- Wasatch Room

Dinner:  $25/CLAU members; $30/non-members

Phillip Hoose is the author of many award-winning nonfiction books for children and young adults including We Were There Too:  Young People in History, The Race to Save the Lord God Bird, and Claudette Colvin:  Twice Toward Justice, winner of the National Book Award.  Not only is he an accomplished author and speaker, but he's also a musician who'll share that talent with us as well! More information on Mr. Hoose may be found on his blog at http://philliphoose.wordpress.com/.

In addition to a fabulous speaker, we will be announcing the winners of the 2012 Beehive Book Awards, Utah's Children's Choice book award.  Be the first to see what won as the favorite book of Utah's chidlren.  More informatin about the dinner and CLAU membership may be found on the attached flier,  at www.clau.org<http://www.clau.org> or by emailing Anna Zanarini at azanarini at slcolibrary.org<mailto:azanarini at slcolibrary.org>.