[library-media] HELP NEEDED FROM UTAH SCHOOL LIBRARIANS

Jan Duane janduane at skaggscatholiccenter.org
Fri Mar 30 13:17:43 MDT 2012

This is a message I received from a friend in Arizona asking for help.

Thanks,
Jan Duane
Juan Diego Catholic High School

I was wondering if you still had contact with any of the school librarians in Utah?  The AASL is doing this survey, and they had very few responses from Utah.  If you could forward this to any school librarians, I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Melody

Melody Holehan-Kopas

DVUSD
Library Supervisor
623-224-7639 district cell
623-445-4970 office
melody.holehan-kopas at dvusd.org
Website:
http://sites.google.com/site/dvusdlibrarymediacenters

The deadline has been extended to March 30th but we still need your help!  Thank you all for your continued support of AASL’s School Libraries Count! survey but please continue communications to help reach our goal.  Currently we still need approximately 50 participants per state to reach last year’s participation rate.  Please continue to communicate through your various channels to the state membership encouraging participation (there's a short/quick message below that you can cut and paste), but ALSO please take 10-15 minutes over the next couple of days to send personal emails to just ten colleagues encouraging their participation.

Reminder Message:

DEADLINE EXTENDED to participate in AASL’s School Libraries Count! survey (www.aaslsurvey.org <http://www.aaslsurvey.org> ).  Remember, if you don’t participate now you won’t be able to receive your personalized report later this fall.  Already submitted a survey?  Then please pass this message on to colleagues for increased participation and better comparative personalized reporting.  The survey can be accessed directly at www.aaslsurvey.org <http://www.aaslsurvey.org/> .  You can also access a ‘tip sheet’ to collect the data needed prior to accessing the survey at www.ala.org/aasl/slcsurvey <http://www.ala.org/aasl/slcsurvey> .  If you have your data ahead of time the survey should take no longer than 10 minutes to complete.

Remember, the data collected is used by AASL for national, state and local advocacy efforts. Go TODAY (www.aaslsurvey.org <http://www.aaslsurvey.org> ) to participate in the only national annual school library program survey.

StateSurveys Completed
Alabama31
Alaska9
Arizona45