[library-media] Looking for Biographies

Bill Goodrich bgoodrich at dcsd.org
Fri Mar 30 10:30:12 MDT 2012

I don't have a total source that works but I have some specific titles to
suggest.

Steve Jobs: The Man Who Thought Different - Karen Blumenthal ISBN
9781250015570 267 pages of text with bibliography, charts, glossary, index,
notes,  very student friendly. Total pages 301.  Her other titles are good
also but not necessarily biographical.

Rachel’s Tears: the Spiritual Journey of Columbine Martyr Rachel
Scott<http://www.infosoup.org/search/i?search=0785268480>by Darrell
Scott<http://www.infosoup.org/search/a?search=Scott%2C%20Darrell&searchscope=77&sortdropdown=r>
(2000)

Soul Surfer: A True story of Faith, Family, and Fighting to Get Back on the
Board<http://www.infosoup.org/search/q?author=Hamilton%2C%20Bethany&title=Soul%20Surfer%3a%20A%20True%20story%20of%20Faith,%20Family,%20and%20Fighting%20to%20Get%20Back%20on%20the%20Board%20&searchscope=77>by
Bethany
Hamilton<http://www.infosoup.org/search/a?search=Hamilton%2C%20Bethany&searchscope=77&sortdropdown=r>
(2004)

I also like the list at http://info.infosoup.org/lists/biosForTeens.asp
Some of these may not be appropriate for younger grades.

2012/3/30 Luanne Olson_media <olson at alpinedistrict.org>

> Does anyone have any suggestions for a good source of biographies.  I am
> looking for something beyond the 49 pages I am finding, but also less than
> 300 pages that I am finding in many of the adult versions.
>
> --
> Luanne Olson
> Director of Instructional Media
> Alpine School District
> 490 North State Street
> Lindon, UT 84042
> 801-610-8051
> olson at alpinedistrict.org
>
> *Please note my new email address and phone number.*

Bill Goodrich - Library Teacher
Union High School
135 N Union St.
Roosevelt, UT 84066