[library-media] eBook vendors workshop March 12 at the State Library
mmclain at utah.gov
Wed Feb 29 10:39:42 MST 2012
>>> "Colleen Eggett" <ceggett at utah.gov> 2/29/2012 10:15 AM >>>
There is an eBook Vendors workshop sponsored by UEN on Monday, March
12, from 1:00-4:00 pm in Rooms 218/219 of the Utah State Library
Division located at 250 N 1950 W, Salt Lake City.
If any libraries are interested in purchasing eBooks on your own and
want to see what these vendors offer, please come.
The tentative schedule is:
1:10 – 1:40 pm Lerner
1:50 – 2:20 pm Mackin
2:30 – 3:00 pm Follett
3:10 – 3:40 pm Baker & Taylor
Here is the list of questions that each vendor will address (20 minute
presentation, 10 minute Q & A):
1. What platform (formats including computers and mobile devices) does
your company support?
2. What content (types of eBooks, eTextbooks, etc.) does your company
3. Is your content static or interactive?
4. With which of the major trade publishers of books for children and
young adults do you contract?
5. What options does your company offer to license/subscribe/purchase
perpetual rights to the content for statewide or school/district
multiuser, unlimited simultaneous, etc.)?
6. Describe how users can easily access your content?
Training Coordinator/Consultant, Utah State Library
250 N 1950 W, Suite A
Salt Lake City Ut 84116-7901
801-715-6776 (phone) 801-715-6767 (fax)
800-662-9150 X 776 (Utah toll free)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the library-media