[library-media] District Selection Policy question

Cindy Mitchell cindy.mitchell at jordan.k12.ut.us
Wed Jan 4 12:00:52 MST 2012

Good Day everyone:

I have heard from various librarians around the state that their district
has a policy that says that they cannot purchase a book for their library if
it uses the ³f² word.

Is this actual written policy or a guideline somewhere or is it an urban
myth?

If it is written policy, could you please send me a link to the policy or
guideline?  I would really appreciate it.

BTW ­ I am working on my lists for UELMA this spring ­ very excited to share
some favorite books with you!

AND ­ I am looking into teaching my Continuing Education class in the spring
­ April/May ­ It would be on THURSDAY this time around if it gets approved ­
does that help Salt Lakers??

Cindy Mitchell
-- Cindy Mitchell
South Jordan Middle School