[library-media] Apps4Edu from UEN

Karen Krier karen at uen.org
Tue Sep 20 15:05:45 MDT 2011

Hello,

I just wanted to let you all know that the Utah Education Network is in the process of creating an Apps4Edu interface which will allow educators to search for Apps by device, grade level, cost, curriculum areas and categories.

You can get an idea of what it will be like by checking out the following html mockups.

---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----
Here are a list of the screens or you can use the buttons and links on the screens.

Main Page:
http://www.preview.uen.org/apps-4-edu/mock_desktop.shtml

Keyword Search, No Core Area Selected:
http://www.preview.uen.org/apps-4-edu/results-no-core.shtml

Keyword Search, Core Area Selected:
http://www.preview.uen.org/apps-4-edu/results.shtml

Results from Core Area Selected and Refined by Course:
http://www.preview.uen.org/apps-4-edu/results-course.shtml

Details Page, Single Device:
http://www.preview.uen.org/apps-4-edu/details.shtml

Details Page, Multiple Devices:
http://www.preview.uen.org/apps-4-edu/details-multiple.shtml

---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----

Note 1:  This is not a functional interface ... just a simple html mockup.

Note 2: We have been debating whether we should have "categories" or not.  After reading the string of messages it seems like it would be useful to have categories like ELL -- even though those apps will also be associated to core areas as well.

Note 3: This is on our Preview server ... it is NOT on the production version of UEN.org ... so if you attempt to navigate off of these mockups

Note 4: After we get this desktop version mostly completed we will work on a mobile friendly version.

Note 5:  We are developing an admin interface that will allow designated Utah educators to add and align the apps.

Note 6: At this point I do not have an estimated launch date - but we will be sure to let you know when we get closer.

Please check out the mock-ups, send me your feedback and let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you in advance.

-- Karen

Karen Krier
Utah Education Network