[library-media] Fwd: 10 librarians will win $5, 000-I Love My Librarian

Donna Morris dmorris at utah.gov
Mon Aug 29 22:01:50 MDT 2011

Through September 12 - Nominations are open for the 2011 Carnegie
Corporation of New York/New York Times I Love My Librarian Award
There is still time to promote this unique award to the teachers,
parents and administrators who are your biggest fans.
Promote the Award
Promotional tools are available on the award web page at
www.atyourlibrary.org/ilovemylibrarian (
http://maildogmanager.com/link.html?url=3610&client=ala1&campaign=1015&email=dmorris@utah.gov
) (click on "Tools to help promote the I Love My Librarian Award" at the
bottom of the page).  Tools include a bookmark specifically customized
to be used in school libraries.
Distribute the I Love My Librarian bookmarks in the library and around
the school
Post the award logo and link to nominations on your school or library
Facebook page or webpage
Use the language in the sample press release in school announcements

About the Award
The I Love My Librarian Award is unique.  Previous winners have
referred to it as the “People’s Choice Award” of the library world
because library users nominate librarians for the difference they are
making in their schools, campuses and communities.
Thousands of incredible nominations come in every year from teachers,
principals, parents, students, administrators and members of the
community.
Ten librarians will again win $5,000 this year and be honored at an
award ceremony in New York in December.  Nominations are accepted on
atyourlibrary.org/ilovemylibrarian (
http://maildogmanager.com/link.html?url=3610&client=ala1&campaign=1015&email=dmorris@utah.gov
).
School Librarians and the I Love My Librarian Award
School librarians are among the winners every year.  Just as an
example:
2008: Dr. Margaret "Gigi" Lincoln, Lakeview High School Library,
Michigan
"Immeasurable impact on students and the learning process"
2009: Dana Thomas of Cypress Lake Middle School, Florida
"Mrs. Thomas isn't just a librarian at our school. She has made the
library an extension of our classroom."
2010: Doug Valentine, nominated for his work at McKillop Elementary
School, Texas
"Everything Mr. Valentine touches becomes a priceless lesson in sharing
for students and teachers alike."
Read about other previous winners in the August digital supplement to
American Libraries magazine:
http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/b850f6ea (
http://maildogmanager.com/link.html?url=3611&client=ala1&campaign=1015&email=dmorris@utah.gov
)
If you have any questions, please contact mhumphrey at ala.org.

Trouble viewing this email? Go to:
http://maildogmanager.com/page.html?p=0000015Fu8vj6ZVqta1enol5ezaWEsnCA=&email=dmorris@utah.gov
You gave The American Library Association ( http://www.ala.org/ )
permission to send you this email.
The American Library Association ( http://www.ala.org/ )
50 E Huron, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Review our Privacy Policy (
http://www.ala.org/ala/home/privacystatement.htm ) and Acceptable Use
Policy ( http://mail-dog.com/explore/about/anti-spam-policy/ ).
Unsubscribe (
http://maildogmanager.com/unsub.html?client=ala1&campaign=1015&email=dmorris@utah.gov
) or manage your Subscription Preferences (
http://maildogmanager.com/unsub.html?client=ala1&campaign=1015&email=dmorris@utah.gov
)
Crafted and delivered by the American Library Association's Mail Dog (
http://maildogmanager.com/?refer=footer )!

Donna Jones Morris, State Librarian
Director, Utah State Library Division
250 N 1950 W, Suite A
Salt Lake City Ut  84116-7901
801-715-6770 (phone) 801-715-6767 (fax)
1-800-662-9150 (in-Utah-WATS)
dmorris at utah.gov

Utah State Agency hours are Monday through Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00
p.m. and closed on Friday.