[library-media] Highly Effective School Library Programs

Juan Lee jtlee at utah.gov
Mon Aug 1 07:31:32 MDT 2011

With your professional batteries recharged for the new school year,
CHECK OUT THESE YouTube videos. Cool ideas!
Thanks to Becky Russell, Colorado Department of Education, for sharing
the links.

An FYI for NASTEMP members.  Some of you might find the Colorado
“Highly Effective School Library Program” Competencies/Evaluation
Rubric (part of our newly revised Power Library Program) helpful.
We made YouTube videos to illustrate 5 of these competencies.  We’re
hoping they will provide useful for in-service/advocacy purposes (and
get lots of hits : > )  See below posting that went out to several
places yesterday.
Thinkin’ Outside the Box, Your Librarian Rocks! YouTube Videos for
School Librarians (
http://casl.wordpress.com/2011/07/28/thinkin-outside-the-box-your-librarian-rocks-youtube-videos-for-school-librarians/
)
Show everyone what a highly effective school librarian looks like — in
2 minutes or less! Access five newly-created YouTube videos and learn
more about Colorado’s newly revised “Power Library Program Retooled!”
at this link:
http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdelib/LibraryDevelopment/SchoolLibraries/index.htm
These video clips show teacher/librarian collaboration, 21st century
practices, school librarians as master teachers, and more!!!  Watch
them, use them, and pass them on!!!

Becky Russell| School Library Senior Consultant | Colorado Department
of Education |303.866.6772 | russell_b at cde.state.co.us (
mailto:davidr at azteknetworks.com )

"A highly effective school librarian Is viewed universally by the
school as an instructional leader and serves as chair of committees that
support instructional school goals."  View more "Highly Effective School
LIbrary Program Competencies" at
http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdelib/powerlib/index.htm

Juan Tomás

Juan Tomás Lee, State Data Coordinator/Library Consultant
Utah State Library Division
250 N 1950 W, Suite A
Salt Lake City, UT 84116-7901
Phone (801)715-6769
Fax (801)715-6767
Toll-free (800)662-9150 ext. 769
jtlee at utah.gov

Utah State Library Division hours are Monday through Thursday, 7:00
a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and closed on Friday.