[library-media] UELMA Conference

Lanell Rabner lanell.rabner at nebo.edu
Tue Mar 29 09:51:38 MDT 2011

Well, the dust has settled and another UELMA Conference is
in the history books. I had a great time!

Thank you Granite School District for allowing us the use
of beautiful Taylorsville High School.

Thank you Lorraine Wyness and crew for a yeoman’s job of
keeping all that technology up and seamlessly running,
plus hanging all the signage to get us quickly to our
destinations.

Thank you Cindy Moyle for all your Thursday night help
stuffing bags and setting up registration.

Thank you Sarah Herron for organizing the excellent poster
session and taking such good care of Naomi Bates.

Thank you Jan Duane for organizing the Book Store, even on
your way out the door to Rome.

Thank you Pat Gerstner, Abbey Olsen, Giselle Airriess,
Michael Goodman, Brigida Weiss, Fawn Morgan, and Elayne
Finlinson for all your help with registration. Things
could not have gone smoother.

Thank you Armin Bucad for recruiting and managing the
Exhibitors. We had a great group of vendors and they all
looked busy throughout the day.

Thank you UEN for lending us your very excellent trainers.

Thank you to all the speakers who so willingly shared
their time, talents, expertise, and experience.

Thank you Pat Gerstner, Sarah Herron, Susan Krusell, Cindy
Mitchell, Cindy Moyle, Brent Jones, Giselle Airriess,
Elayne Finlinson, Abbey Olsen, Andrea Woodring, Fawn
Morgan, Jane King, Shelly Ripplinger, Casey Pond, Loma
Prince, Jean Truman, Sherry Paxton, and Michael Goodman
for facilitating our sessions.

And finally, thank you all for attending. It was all of us
together who made this conference a success. It was a
fabulous day. No snow to drive in. Good food, company,
networking, and instruction. I hope you all made some new
friends, renewed old friendships, ate well, found some
resources you just won't be able to live without, and
learned at least one new library principle, skill, or
trick of the trade that will help you improve the service
in your library. I hope you are all as re-energized as I
am and ready to "ROCK" the walls off your schools, because
School Libraries and Librarians Rock! Thanks to all of you
for being ROCK STARS :)

If you need re-licensure points and did not get a
certificate, please find one attached.

~lanell

Lanell Rabner
Librarian