[library-media] Thank you Sharyl!

John Eye Eye at suu.edu
Fri Mar 11 12:22:26 MST 2011

Hello,

I would like to publicly thank Sharyl Smith for her deep commitment to school libraries.  She has led, organized, encouraged, informed, showcased, and actually taught some of our legislative leaders about school libraries and how important they are.  Thanks to her the line item not only has been preserved but INCREASED significantly (see Sharyl's message this morning).

Please take seriously her plea for teacher librarians to work more closely with principals, superintendents, school board members, and other decision makers to insure they know the work being done in school libraries.

Thank you Sharyl for your dedication!

John

Dr. John Eye
Dean of Library Services