[library-media] KUED Kids Writers Contest Open to K - 6

Jacqueline Voland jvoland at kued.org
Thu Feb 17 14:09:30 MST 2011

                [cid:image008.png at 01CBCEAC.47EC5B00]

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CBCEAC.4B454A00]

Dear KUED Friends,
Few things capture a child's imagination like a good book.  We would like to invite you to join KUED as we encourage children here in Utah to create their own stories and to take part in the PBS KIDS GO! WritersContest.  www.kued.org/writers<http://www.kued.org/writers>  - We will be hosting a kickoff event at Thanksgiving Point on March 12th from 1 -3 pm and a celebration event on May 7th for all participants.

The PBS KIDS GO! Writers Contest is a contest designed to promote the advancement of children's reading skills through hands-on, active learning.  The Contest encourages children in grades K-6 in Utah communities to celebrate the power of creating stories and illustrations by submitting their own original pieces.  The Contest extends the powerful tradition and annual success of the 15-year national "Reading Rainbow Young Writers and Illustrators Contest."

To make this Contest a major success, we invite you to join in the fun. We invite you to consider integrating the Contest into your school's curricula, or library programming and offering special writing sessions for interested students.

We hope you will join us in bringing the love of reading and the joy of self-expression to children in our community. If you are interested in being involved, please contact me at jvoland at kued.org<mailto:jvoland at kued.org>

Thank you.

Sincerely,

[cid:image005.jpg at 01CBCEAC.4B454A00]
Jacqui Voland
Community Outreach and Education Services Manager
Producer - Contact, KUED 7 Community Non Profit and Cultural Events program
[cid:image001.png at 01CBCE99.56D52B00]
The University of Utah * 101 Wasatch Drive * Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Direct 801.585-3523 *Cell 801.726.9670 Fax 801.585.6105 * jvoland at kued.org<mailto:aashbridge at kued.org>