[library-media] Documentary films

Fawn Morgan fmorgan at dsdmail.net
Thu Feb 24 10:47:44 MST 2011

Thanks, Paula, It seems to be a useful index. As for copyright issues, I
found this explanation on their FAQ page:

"All issues concerning copyright violations should be aimed at the
sites hosting the material. This site does not host any of the streaming
media and the owner has not uploaded any of the material to the video
hosting servers. Anyone can find the same content on Google Video or
YouTube by them selves."

"The owner of this site cannot know which documentaries are in public
domain, which has been uploaded to e.g. google video by the owner and
which has been uploaded without permission, and is therefore willing to
remove any violating material immediately upon request."
Fawn, Layton High

>>> "Paula Zsiray" <Paula.Zsiray at ccsdut.org> 2/24/2011 9:11 AM >>>
If you have not seen this page, you may want to take a look...
My science teachers shared this with me (and then I reminded them to
look at emedia too!).

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/
TDF offers full watchable documentaries and information on
documentaries by quoting reviews from trusted sources. In case you
decide to buy your favorite documentary film, or you want to get some
more information on some of the docs there is a store (
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/the-store/ ) available for that.
Documentaries are classified in categories and you can easily find what
you are looking for.
In a short period of time TDF became very powerful alternative
educational resource and a very busy place thanks to visitors who
obviously (according to stats, comments and tons of emails) like it
(thank you all for that). Information scattered around the web assembled
and categorized in easy to use website called Top Documentary Films.

Paula Zsiray
Library Media Teacher
Mountain Crest HS
255 S. 800 East