[library-media] Let your voice be heard

Lanell Rabner lanell.rabner at nebo.edu
Fri Feb 18 09:03:36 MST 2011

Let your voice be heard! The Secretary of Education, Arne
Duncan, has agreed to respond to your questions during the
February 26th National Youth Summit in DC
<http://sparkaction.org/summit-info> . What do you want
Secretary Duncan to address? You have five (5) votes to
pick your favorites!

You can vote even if you don't submit a question, and you
can change your votes at any time until midnight on
February 18th by clicking Remove.

There are currently several questions about school
libraries. If they are the top questions it will show Sec.
Duncan that the entire country is concerned about school
libraries.

You may not entirely agree with the wording of the
questions but the point is to get school libraries into
the discussion. If everyone on AASL Forum, lm_net, and
state list serves vote we definitely will have these
questions in the top 10. Here are the questions and voting
link:

http://sparkaction.org/content/president-obama-once-stated-literacy-m
<http://sparkaction.org/content/president-obama-once-stated-literacy-m>

State money is good, but federal support of school
libraries is even better! Get on sparkaction today and
vote for our future and the future of kids.

~lanell

Lanell Rabner
Librarian
Springville High School