[library-media] Get the word out!

Bates, Marianne Marianne.Bates at canyonsdistrict.org
Mon Feb 7 22:23:22 MST 2011

Hello library friends,

Today I realized how little some people know about what we do as library-media teachers.  I wrote a letter to the editor about school library funding, and the resulting comments appalled me. People don't know what we do and what goes on in school libraries!

This experience has shown me that I need to be taking every chance I can to show my school and community what happens in the library.  We need to talk about the library in every school newsletter, in every PTA meeting, on the morning announcements, whenever we can, so others can understand how school libraries can affect student achievement and make students life-long readers and learners.

Do your part--get the word out!!

Marianne F. Bates
Library-Media Teacher, Albion Middle School
marianne.bates at canyonsdistrict.org

2755 East Newcastle Drive
Sandy, UT  84093
801 826-6750

“We read to know we are not alone.”     --C.S. Lewis

Currently reading: Ship Breaker
Just read: The Zookeeper's Wife and Three Rivers Rising

__