[library-media] High Schools - do you require ID?

Jeri Albrecht jeraldene.albrecht at jordan.k12.ut.us
Mon Nov 8 10:10:29 MST 2010

We try to make checking books out as convenient as possible for our kids. A
book on the shelf is one less in the hands of a student. If they have their
id - great, if they can't remember their id - fine we look up their last
name, or we will just key in their id as they tell us what it is. We love to
have our books check out and try to make it a good experience for the
students. When the student comes up in our system with or without an id, we
verify that it is the student usually by using their name in the transaction
(pictures aren't always available in the system). We have found that by
using the students name you start building relationships with the kids and
soon you have repeat patrons that are eager to share what they are reading
and are willing to offer suggestions for titles to add to your collection.
We have a student body of just slightly under 2,500 kids. This process works
for us, if you have any questions feel free to email me.
Jeri Albrecht
Bingham High School
Librarian Teacher
Jeraldene.albrecht at jordan.k12.ut.us