[library-media] Free Publication: Chatting with Kids About Being Online

Matt McLain mmclain at utah.gov
Wed Oct 27 07:59:29 MDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I have a copy of the FTC publication "Chatting with Kids About Being Online" which covers talking to children and teens about issues that involve the Internet ...Talking to your kids, advice for parents, socializing online, communicating online, protecting privacy, and parental controls. There is also a list of additional resources available on the web.

The publication can be viewed here: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/tech/tec04.pdf
or in Spanish at:
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/tech/stec04.pdf

and can be ordered in bulk from the FTC at http://bulkorder.ftc.gov

There is also a bookmark which covers the essentials.

I think you may find this resource appealing. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments or if I can assist you in any way.

Thanks!

Matt McLain
Youth Services Consultant
Utah State Library