[library-media] Institute of Museums and Library Services (IMLS)

Donna Morris dmorris at utah.gov
Fri Oct 1 15:00:37 MDT 2010

It is important that librarians know that Susan Hildreth, former State Librarian of California and current City Librarian of Seattle, has been nominated by President Obama to be the Director of IMLS.  IMLS is the Federal government agency from which the Utah State Library (USL) receives Library Service and Technology Act (LSTA) funding.  I will let you all know when she is confirmed by Congress.  She is someone I know well through the organization where State Librarians meet quarterly to plan and look at the past, Chief Officers of State Library Agencies (COSLA).
Best to everyone, Donna

Donna Jones Morris, State Librarian
Director, Utah State Library Division
250 N 1950 W, Suite A
Salt Lake City Ut  84116-7901
801-715-6770 (phone) 801-715-6767 (fax)
1-800-662-9150 (in-Utah-WATS)
dmorris at utah.gov

Utah State Agency hours are Monday through Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and closed on Friday.