[library-media] Reminder: Pioneer Library Wimba Mtg Tomorrow at 3:30 pm...

Rick Cline rcline at media.utah.edu
Tue Sep 21 16:35:55 MDT 2010

Here is a reminder about the Pioneer Library Wimba Meeting scheduled for:

Wednesday, September 22, 3:30 - 4:00 pm via Wimba.

To join this event, go to: http://my.uen.org/myuen/44685

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CB59AB.100DCA50]

I will be covering the following topics:

-        eMedia - New interface launched earlier this year; Exceeds 19,000 items; New features to save items and comment and rate items

-        World Book Student - You can create your own Timelines now

-        World Book Kids - Preview of many new features coming this Friday, Sept. 24

-        SIRS Knowledge Source - Videos added to Pro/Con section of leading issues

-        SIRS Discoverer - Science Fair Explorer, Skills Discoverer, and Spotlight of the Month

-        CultureGrams - Greenland and Antarctica, Interviews, Photo Galleries, Slide Shows

-        EBSCO - New interface for Auto Repair Reference Center (Sept. 30)

I would recommend signing in 10 minutes early to ensure that you can connect enter Rick Cline's Wimba Classroom. Since I will be archiving this event we will be starting right at 3:30 pm. Those who cannot connect will be able to view this event when I e-mail out the archive link shortly after 4:00 pm. See you tomorrow!

- Rick
Richard W. Cline
Instructional Technologist
Utah Education Network