[library-media] Pioneer Library Wimba Meetings for 2010-11...

Rick Cline rcline at media.utah.edu
Thu Sep 2 08:25:14 MDT 2010

Hello Pioneer Library Advocates,

During this school year we will be offering three opportunities for you to join in on a Pioneer Library Wimba Meeting, scheduled as follows:

 *   Wednesday, September 22
 *   Wednesday, January 26
 *   Wednesday, April 27

Beginning at 3:30 pm for thirty minutes you will have the opportunity to receive updates, training, and relevant information as it pertains to Utah's K-12 Pioneer Library. This will include training on significant features that have been added to a particular database, changes that you should be aware of, and anything else that may help you and the faculty and students at your school. If anyone cannot attend any of these meetings, we can record them and make them available to you online.

Since we will be having these meetings via Wimba I would suggest that you take a look at this web site: http://www.uen.org/wcs/ to learn about how you can use Wimba with your computer not only to join these Pioneer Library Meetings but also with your colleagues from around the state or in your district. I will send out some information prior to each Wimba meeting on what you will need to do to join us.

Btw, if any of you would like to arrange to have a UEN trainer come to do a face-to-face training of Pioneer Library for your Librarians and/or faculty at your school/district, please let me know. Meanwhile, enjoy the start of a new school year.

- Rick
Richard W. Cline
Instructional Technologist
Utah Education Network