[library-media] New YA Lit Continuing Ed class

Cindy Mitchell cindy.mitchell at jordan.k12.ut.us
Thu Aug 26 12:45:45 MDT 2010

Hi Everyone:

I hope you all had a great summer.

I wanted you to know that I am teaching a Continuing Education class
starting on September 14th.  I will going over all of the fabulous new YA
fiction and non-fiction that I have read this last year, including picture
books that are useful for the 7-12 classroom.  The class is geared mostly
toward the classroom teacher, but also could be helpful for librarians.

It is through the Jordan School District and will be held at my school, in
my library (lucky me!) over the course of 7 weeks, just one day a week.  Our
last class will be held at The King¹s English in Salt Lake City, where we
will hear their take on the new great books of the year.

http://www.solutionwhere.com/jordanpd/cw/showcourse.asp?43

Here is the link to the class.  I need a minimum of 9 students to hold the
class ­ I hope that you might share this information with your teachers also
­ I will focus on books to share with their students and maybe even find
some to teach.

-- Cindy Mitchell
South Jordan Middle School
10245 S 2700 W