[library-media] Emporia MLS Program

Juan Lee jtlee at utah.gov
Sat Jul 31 12:38:00 MDT 2010

The Emporia MLS Program in expanding in Utah to offer moreopportunities for students to enter the program. Instead of beginning acohort every other year, we will now start a cohort every year. Thesecohorts will alternate between the Sprague Branch Library, in Salt Lakeand the Utah Valley University Library, in Orem.

Classes are held approximately 14 weekends out of the year on Fridayevenings and Saturdays. Emporia's face-to-face MLS program has been inUtah since 1997 and is fully accredited by the American LibraryAssociation.

Upcoming cohorts:

January 2011 - Utah Valley University Library (application deadline October 1, 2010)

January 2012 - Sprague Branch Library (application deadline October 1, 2011)

Please take a look at the Emporia MLS website for more details at slim.emporia.edu

I am happy to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to call me on my cell at 801-661-0457.

Adriane H. Juarez, Utah MLS Director
Emporia State University
School of Library and Information Management
2131 South 1100 East
Salt Lake City, UT  84106
cell  801-661-0457
http://slim.emporia.edu