[library-media] FW: Seeking KUED Writers Contest Judges

Laura Hunter lhunter at uen.org
Fri Mar 26 08:53:53 MDT 2010

KUED is seeking volunteer judges for their K-3 writer's contest. If you or a colleague is interested in helping, you can read a description is below.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CACC44.7145C240]

Dear Community Partners,

KUED invites you to be a local judge for the PBS Kids Go! Writers Contest (formerly known as Reading Rainbow Young Writers and Illustrators Contest). This competition is open to children grades K-3. The time commitment for judges is approximately two-to-three hours.

The PBS KIDS GO! Writers Contest is a national competition designed to promote the advancement of children's reading skills through hands-on, active learning. The effort encourages children in grades K-3 in Utah and communities across the country, to celebrate the power of creating stories and illustrations by submitting their own original stories and illustrations. Four winners are selected from each grade-level.  This is where we need your help!
Details about dates and times are below. We hope that you can join us for what is always a fun event. Not only will you be charmed by the entries, lunch and snacks will be provided. Please RSVP to me by phone or e-mail on which date works best for you.
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Preliminary judging
Noon to 3 p.m.
Friday, April 9, 2010
Final judging
11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The judging will take place at the Eccles Broadcast Center located on The University of Utah campus on 101 South Wasatch Drive. Parking is free on our lot as well as the parallel parking stalls on the west side of the building. Here's a link to the map: http://www.kued.org/?area=about&action=map.
For more details about the contest, visit www.kued.org/writerscontest<http://www.kued.org/writerscontest>. Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Best,

Poonam Kumar

KUED-Channel 7