[library-media] Snapshot 2010

Loutensock, Georgia Georgia.Loutensock at schools.utah.gov
Thu Mar 25 13:52:20 MDT 2010

Dear Colleagues,

I am hoping most of you by now, have heard about Snapshot 2010, April 12, 2010.  The purpose of this message is to encourage everyone to participate in any and every way you can.  This is a wonderful opportunity to "toot our own horns."  So much is happening in our school libraries that no one ever hears about.  Please use this opportunity to tell the world what great things are going on and what you are doing in your library.  Please visit the website http://utahlibrariessnapshot.pbworks.com/ for ideas, how-to, and reports of what is happens on a single day in your school library.  Tell us how many books you check-out, how many students use your space during one day, pictures of students, etc.
Please plan, prepare and report a "Snapshot" of your library.  If you don't plan anything special for the day, just record what you do and how students use the library.  You may surprise yourself at what is accomplished.

Finally, PLEASE submit a REPORT.  Report forms and surveys are on the webpage.  (Everything you need to get started and to report your activities is on this webpage.)  The reports submitted through the website will be shared and will provide an excellent snapshot of libraries in our state.  Information from school libraries will be sorted out to give a picture of the work and good you do in your school.  We need this kind of documentation to use with our school communities, legislators, and the public in general.

Thank you in advance for helping show that libraries matter.  Keep smiling.  gml

Georgia Loutensock
Curriculum & Instruction
Utah State Office of Education
250 East 500 South