[library-media] FW: New CultureGrams Release Information

Rick Cline rcline at media.utah.edu
Tue Mar 23 12:26:31 MDT 2010

Here is an update on new content recently added to CultureGrams located at the K-12 Pioneer Library (http://pioneer.uen.org)! Lot's of great content!

From: Bay, Andrew [mailto:Andrew.Bay at proquest.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 10:06 AM
To: Rick Cline
Subject: New CultureGrams Release Information

Hi, Rick! Hope this finds you and yours all well.

CultureGrams just had a major release, the main points of which I have noted below, and which you might like forward to trainers, teachers, and librarians.

Here are the features of the release:

All texts and statistics in all editions have been updated, new country PDFs created, and critical reviews from in-country experts integrated into the texts. In addition, we have added:

§  new texts for Greenland and Antarctica

§  interviews from 9 new countries: Zimbabwe, Estonia, Malawi, Somalia, South Africa, South Korea, Italy, Moldova, Hungary

§  a new flash video player and 76 new videos-from a wedding party dance in Albania to a Fijian preschool

§  4 new photo galleries: Greenland, Kuwait, Chad, Burkina Faso

§  18 new slideshows from 8 countries: Mexico, South Africa, South Korea, Malaysia, Malawi, Canada, Georgia, Azerbaijan

§  expanded photo galleries for South Korea, Malawi, and others

Our Kids, States, and Provinces content has also been added to:

§  5 new texts (Belgium, Czech Republic, Estonia, Myanmar, and Venezuela)

§  10 revised and expanded texts: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, Namibia, Norway, Sudan, and Sweden

§  improved MP3 player for national anthems

New View Data Table Sources<http://online.culturegrams.com/world/datasources.php> links that take you to comprehensive source lists of our statistical data (for all the editions), placed much more visibly within the product. See where our data comes from. Remember that teachers can understand more about the data and other terms by clicking the Definitions<http://online.culturegrams.com/world/definitions.php> link  in the Tools section (right-hand navigation bar) found on any country home page in the World Edition.

I hope you find this useful. Teachers will also find the Culture Matters eNewsletter extremely useful: it is a substantive, teacher-oriented newsletter with teaching lessons, ideas for using CG across the curriculum, quizzes, regional focuses, and more. Anyone can sign up for it at http://www.proquestk12.com/news.shtml

Cheers! and best regards,
Andy

Andy Bay
Publisher