[library-media] Education City

Marilyn Walker Marilyn.Walker at slc.k12.ut.us
Fri Mar 12 08:31:38 MST 2010

Hi Brenda,

We have Education City at our school and the kids enjoy it.  We use it in the computer lab and focus on science.  We only got one segment because it was a little expensive and we hadn't tried yet.  The company gave us a free trial period and our computer lab instructor liked it so much we bought it.  The graphics and animation are engaging and smooth.  Given a choice the students would still rather play games where they can blow things up, but they don't complain if they have to do this program.  Hope this is helpful.

Marilyn Walker

>>> "Anderson, Brenda" <BRENDA.ANDERSON at canyonsdistrict.org> 03/12/10 7:59 AM >>>
Has any librarian heard of a company called Education City?  Has the software been used?  It is software designed to self-coach elementary students in core subjects: I'm interested in showing it to my special education department at the middle school level, but I've never heard of the company, if it's reputable, etc.

Brenda Anderson
Eastmont Middle School
(801)412-2031