[library-media] What I learned at UELMA - surveying your purchasing

Debbie Naylor dnaylor at alpine.k12.ut.us
Sat Mar 6 17:44:21 MST 2010

I learned that a little snow doesn't deter librarians.  That wireless does not always work as it should.  That people are understanding if the food is good.  That good will prevails.  Thanks for your support and patience at the conference. Thanks to presenters, authors and vendors.

Debbie Naylor
Library Teacher
Lehi High School
180 North 500 East
Lehi, UT,  84043
801-768-7000 X337

"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain."  Louisa May Alcott

>>> "Fawn Morgan" <fmorgan at dsdmail.net> 03/06/10 10:10 AM >>>
Thanks to all for a pleasant day - after the storm-tossed arrival - at the UELMA conference. A big shout out to John Smith and the board as well as Debbie and committee!! Good food, useful lessons & great presenters in my sessions, wonderful quilted gifts to the awardees, super vendors, deserving service project (cute baby, Caryn!), and friendly co-attendees.

I learned UEN has developed a terrific financial literacy website and that my nieces and nephews go to school that makes one thing of being in a very cool submarine. I learned that not all literary agents are nice to their authors, but that all Utah school librarians are genuinely helpful and self-sacrificing. I learned that advocacy is hard work, but necessary and worthwhile - thanks Sharyl. (Have you all sent your letters to the legislative Executive Finance Committee yet?) I learned that the Hollywood Librarian has nothing over the real thing and that all kinds of librarians support the services and programs of the others - thanks JaNae and Megan, Donna and team. Ditto to everyone else who attended and helped. Davis District now goes back to share and process with each other...

Last night I was thinking about money issues. Please take a few minutes to complete a survey regarding resources purchased on skimpy budgets. I will share with you all, hopefully, in the thorough manner and example of Jan.

http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/?p=WEB22ABSJDZEL7

Fawn
Layton High