[library-media] UELMA Conference

Fawn Morgan fmorgan at dsdmail.net
Fri Feb 12 15:52:16 MST 2010

Library Friends

I seem to be a day late and a dollar short half the time, so I can't compete in the ugly chair contest.  I am excited to see both the Hollywood Librarian video and the ugly chair contest, though! I wanted to have a session about librarians in the movies at the 2006 conference but didn't pull it off. I was inspired by the online site Librarians in the movies: an annotated filmography managed by Martin Raish at BYU http://emp.byui.edu/RAISHM/films/introduction.html and two other fun sites http://www.librarian-image.net/ and http://www.ibiblio.org/librariesfaq/sect7.htm
Up until 9 months ago (whoo hoo new library!) I was SITTING in the ugliest chair in the nation, scavenged from the dumpster when the student body officers threw it out. Too crummy for the SBOs but okay enough for the librarian was the story of my professional life.  Well no more! Back to the dumpster it went, never to see the light of day, I hope.  I can't wait for this year's UELMA conference!

Fawn

>>> "Debbie Naylor" <dnaylor at alpine.k12.ut.us> 2/12/2010 2:18 PM >>>

Received my first bundle of quilt blocks this week.  It is going to be fun to see all the fun fabric.  Sue Monson from our district suggested charm packs found at most quilt shops.  They come already cut to 5" and are in matching fabrics.

I am attaching the ugly chair contest.  I have my photo already sent.  Note that you only have until next week.

Conference schedule should be put on the website this week.  There are, of course, some changes since your received the newsletter.

I am also attaching a handout for The Hollywood Librarian.   It is two sessions.

If you haven't registered, please do so.  We need to get a count for the caterer.  Remember we are only $60 this year and a three-day weekend would be welcome in March.  Have a nice three-day weekend this weekend.