[library-media] book fines

Stanton Fuller smfuller at weber.k12.ut.us
Thu Jan 28 13:04:21 MST 2010

If I can fix the thing I usually don't worry about it too much. I don't want my kids to feel like they can't use the books. Wear and tear happens.  If the book is totally shot then it's full price. Only takes one page torn out to make a book useless.
No real policy written in stone or anything.

Stan Fuller
Library Media Teacher
Wahlquist Junior High

>>> "Bea Carlson" <bcarlson at dsdmail.net> 1/28/2010 12:52 PM >>>
School librarians;
  How do you assess fines for damaged books?  Is it so much for torn pages?  (so much per page?( Another amount for water damage? (on the whole book, on a few pages?)
Sometimes it seems that assessing fines is so arbitrary, what do you do?

Thanks for your input.
Bea

Bea Carlson
Library Media Teacher
bcarlson at dsdmail.net

"If you have any level of success, pour it into someone else."