[library-media] Public Pioneer training coming up

Fawn Morgan fmorgan at dsdmail.net
Tue Jan 26 08:26:36 MST 2010

I love Public Pioneer!  I teach my students the wonders of a county or city library card, how it gives them access to more Pioneer databases.  Hopefully, Utah will rise above our current economic crisis eventually, and continue to grow the resources. Also, Davis County has a reciprocal agreement with Weber County so that residents can get cards to both systems and double their resources.

Fawn
Layton High

>>> "Colleen Eggett" <ceggett at utah.gov> 1/25/2010 11:43 AM >>>
If anyone is interested in seeing how the "other half" lives, register for Public Pioneer: Utah's Online Library training. It will be online, and in-person (SLC and Orem) for the Ebsco databases.

Public Pioneer has some of the same features as K-12 Pioneer but also has differences. For example, there's HeritageQuest (genealogy), Factiva (business), auto repair, and a lot more. Public Pioneer is for all ages, which may be of interest to you as a librarian/ teacher or personally.

See what's offered and register soon: http://library.utah.gov/workshops/

Colleen Eggett
Training Coordinator/Consultant, Utah State Library
250 N 1950 W, Suite A
Salt Lake City Ut  84116-7901
801-715-6776 (phone) 801-715-6767 (fax)
800-662-9150 X 776 (Utah toll free)
ceggett at utah.gov
blogging at http://utahlibraries.org

Utah State Agency hours are Monday to Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., closed on Friday.