[library-media] Accelerated Reader

Stanton Fuller smfuller at weber.k12.ut.us
Mon Dec 7 13:31:40 MST 2009

If you use Accelerated Reader in your school and wished you could get some quizzes for books by local authors, or authors that Renaissance doesn't look at then read on. If you do not use AR at your school then toss this email in the trash.

Over the last few years I have been working on putting together a small data base of teacher made Accelerated Reader quizzes. Most of these quizzes have been written by librarians or teachers in the Weber school District, along with contributions from parents and some others that have helped me out last year from other schools and districts in the state.

I would like to invite everyone to participate in the teacher made quiz sharing database. I have mostly collected titles by local or LDS authors that are very popular here at my Junior High library such as Anita Stansfield, Betsy Brannon Green, Jack Weyland and others. In addition to those I have a few other authors like John Grisham or Mary Higgins Clark that people have written quizzes for me.  Currently a have a little over 500 titles collected.

I've checked with the Renaissance people and they say the since we wrote the quizzes we can do what we want with them so I am offering to share them with anyone. All I ask is that if you or someone at your school writes a quiz, then you send it to me and I can add it to the data base.

To see the list of quizzes available go to my library website  http://www.wsdstaff.net/~smfuller/  then click on the little "SMF" (my initials) at the bottom, right had side of the page. This will give you a list of the titles sorted by title. You get an author sort by clicking the link at the top right had side of the title sort page.  If you see a title that you are interested in, and would be willing to share what you have, if and when you have some, shoot me an email and I will send you the password to get the full quiz.

I mostly have stuff grades 6 - 12 would be interested, but I am willing to archive anything anyone would like to share in the data base.

As far as I have figured out, there is not quick and easy way for me to pass you quiz data. You just have to print of the quiz and retype it into your system. Takes a little time, but you get a quiz you could never get otherwise, or you save $3.

Stan Fuller
Library Media Teacher
Wahlquist Junior High