[library-media] Students who leave school still owing books

Jeri Albrecht jeraldene.albrecht at jordan.k12.ut.us
Wed Dec 2 12:25:41 MST 2009

This seems to be a problem everywhere. At Bingham the student is supposed to
have a library signature to properly check out. When the student leaves
without checking out with us and they have a large fine over $5.00 or books
out on their account, I go into the students file and find phone numbers and
addresses. We first try phone contact, if that fails to get a response we
then send out letters. This process has helped in recovering some of our
books but doesn't succeed in all cases. Anyone out there with a better idea?
Jeri