[library-media] Students who leave school still owing books

Kirsten Weber kirsten.weber at sevier.k12.ut.us
Wed Dec 2 12:25:00 MST 2009

Caryn,

We have a checkout form the students get from the office. The form
includes the library checkout information. They are required to check
out with me before they can hand in the form. I write down what the
student still has checked out, as well as what it costs to replace it.
I also include overdue book fines. If they don't return the book then
their account is charged. Our school requires all fees to be paid
before they send transcripts to another school. I don't think they can
legally withhold them, but that is what the understanding is for our
students and their parents. It works for us. I seldom don't get the
books back or the money to replace the books not returned.

Kirsten Weber
Media Coordinator
Richfield High School
510 W. Wildcat Way