[library-media] Librarian brain power

Debbie Naylor dnaylor at alpine.k12.ut.us
Tue Dec 1 13:29:47 MST 2009

Orderly to me means having all the barcodes on the outside of the book
so inventory can be done more quickly and even checkout is done more
quickly.  Orderliness also effects the library cataloging allowing
patrons to find information more quickly and efficiently.

Debbie Naylor
Library Teacher
Lehi High School
180 North 500 East
Lehi, UT,  84043
801-768-7000 X337

"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain."  Louisa May
Alcott

>>> "Jeri Albrecht" <jeraldene.albrecht at jordan.k12.ut.us> 12/1/2009
12:31 PM >>>

I second Susan’s opinion about it being essential to have an orderly
library. Getting my library in order these last 2 ½ years has been a
real challenge, but rewarding. The library usage has increased
dramatically, I feel part of the success is because it now looks and
feels like a library. Students and teachers alike comment on how easy it
is to find materials they need and how the whole environment of the
media center has changed. Cleaning house to get an orderly library is
not the easiest task to tackle but it has increased our work efficiency
and ease in finding those resources you need in a timely manner.

Jeri Albrecht

Librarian Teacher

Bingham High School

library-media-bounces at lists.uen.org