[library-media] Receive Mini-Grant to host your own Super Reader Party

Juan Lee jtlee at utah.gov
Thu Nov 5 16:21:35 MST 2009

Host your own Super Reader Party
KUED Mini-Grants Available!
November 4th, to November 27th, 2009

Dear Librarians and School Teachers,

KUED is hosting the 17th Annual Reading Marathon, November 4th,through
November 27th. Our goal is to encourage children to read, track their
hours, and in return they will be invited to the Super Reader Party in
January 2010, at the Utah State Fairpark, Grand Building. Our theme is
"KUED Kids Village." Martha, Sid, Buddy and other PBS characters will be
present to join in on the excitement in January.

For those who are located 100-miles or more outside of Salt Lake, KUED
invites you to apply for a mini-grant to host your own Super Reader
Party.  The application is available online at www.kued.org/reading.
Click on the “Partners” section and type in the password, “village2009.”
Remember this password is case sensitive, do not capitalize or use a
space after “2009.”

Enter all relevant data. You will see a drop down menu that lists all
libraries statewide, please include this selection but also provide a
point of contact information as well. This is critical in making sure we
mail the grant to the appropriate location and person. We cannot provide
this to you without a complete W-9 form. Make sure when completing the
W9 form, you sign and date the W9 the day of completion. The address
needs to match who you want the check to be sent to. Please use the W-9
form on the partners section of the Reading Marathon Web site.

Deadline for mini-grant submission is Friday, November 27th, 2009. We
will notify awardees by Friday, December 11th, 2009. Once you have
completed your Super Reader event we ask that you send us a short
narrative and photos.

Requirements:Library is located 100 or more miles away from Salt Lake
City. Library will participate in KUED's Reading Marathon and host a
Super Reader Party sometime in January 2010. Applicants must complete
the application form online at www.kued.org/reading, as well as fax a
current W-9 form to (801) 585-6105.

The amount and number of grants awarded depends on how many qualified
applications KUED receives. Complete the information below along with a
W-9 form and return it to KUED by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 27th,
2009. Recipients will be notified by Friday, December 11th, 2009 by
telephone or e-mail.
For more details about the Reading Marathon, downloadable reading logs,
requirements, flyers, posters, book marks, press releases and more
visit, www.kued.org/reading.

Thank you in advance for your support of this KUED Outreach
initiative.

Best,

Poonam Kumar
KUED-Channel 7