[library-media] National Library Legislative Day

Donna Morris dmorris at utah.gov
Mon Oct 5 22:09:02 MDT 2009

Please let me know if you are interested in participating in National Library Advocacy Day, June 29, 2009.
For one year only, Library Advocacy Day will replace National Library Legislative Day (NLLD).  The date has been changed to June 29, 2010, and library advocates from all 50 states will meet at Upper Senate Park on the U.S. Capitol grounds.   The event, which will begin at 11:00 a.m., will feature guest speakers, photo ops, and a chance to cheer on libraries!  After the rally, participants will meet with their elected officials and their staffs.
Because this is toward the end of ALA, it is hoped that many Utah librarians will participate.  Please send me an email if you would like to be part of this most important 2009 process.  I am sending this message as the Utah Coordinator for National Library Advocacy Day.  Thanks for considering this as you make plans for ALA.  It would be fantastic to have representatives from all types of libraries as well as representatives of Boards of Trustees.
Let me know if you have any questions.  I look forward to a strong Utah delegation.
Warmest regards, Donna

Donna Jones Morris, State Librarian
Director, Utah State Library Division
250 N 1950 W, Suite A
Salt Lake City Ut  84116-7901
801-715-6770 (phone) 801-715-6767 (fax)
1-800-662-9150 (in-Utah-WATS)
dmorris at utah.gov

"Beginning August 4, 2008, state agencies' hours of operation are Monday - Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and closed on Friday"