[library-media] FW: "The Sick Bug" by Susie Bazil: Contagious fun for YOUR library

Loutensock, Georgia Georgia.Loutensock at schools.utah.gov
Mon Sep 28 07:08:10 MDT 2009

FYI

From: Susie Bazil [mailto:spbazil at earthlink.net]
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 5:54 PM
To: Susie Bazil
Subject: "The Sick Bug" by Susie Bazil: Contagious fun for YOUR library

Hello, my name is Susie Bazil.  I am a mother of three living in Minnesota and I published my first children's book called "The Sick Bug" (ISBN 978-1-59298-243-1) last year.  The story was inspired by a conversation I had with my daughter when she was down with the flu.

Ever wonder what happens when you catch a "bug?"
That is exactly the question that plagues 3-year-old Tess in The Sick Bug.  Tess is down with a cold and her imagination runs wild after her Mom tells her she caught "a bug."   The fun escalates as Tess and Mom ponder what sick bugs look like, where they come from and, most importantly, when Tess's sick bug will leave her and go home.

After its release, I spent last fall and winter reading "The Sick Bug" to children at various schools and libraries.  They really enjoyed the story and inevitably a few (sick bugs) were usually present in the audience, especially when I read in January and February!! :)  "The Sick Bug" has also received numerous awards, including being named a Gold Recipient of the 2009 Mom's Choice Awards.  (www.momschoiceawards.com<http://www.momschoiceawards.com>)

"The Sick Bug" is a must have for every school library, public library and classroom.   It is also especially timely this year with all the concerns surrounding H1N1 and the flu as kids return to school.  "The Sick Bug" is a great springboard to introduce topics like hand washing and germ spreading in classrooms, and it is a nice way to comfort little ones when they are not feeling well.  I invite you to visit my website at www.thesickbug.com<http://www.thesickbug.com> for additional information and where to order your copy today.

Stay bug free!

Susie Bazil
www.thesickbug.com<http://www.thesickbug.com>

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CA3E00.7172EE00]

September 15, 2008
For Immediate Release

Local Mom introduces timely children's book
The Sick Bug
As kids return to school, one thing is certain:
cold and flu season is right around the corner!
 The fun is contagious in this whimsical tale - it is the perfect remedy for the common cold

Ever wonder what happens when you catch a "bug?"  That is exactly the question that plagues 3-year-old Tess in The Sick Bug.  Tess is down with a cold and her imagination runs wild after her Mom tells her she has "a bug."   The fun escalates when Tess and Mom ponder what sick bugs look like, where they come from and, most importantly, when Tess's sick bug will go home.

This delightful story gives young children (specifically ages 3-7) a charming and unique view on catching a "bug."  The silly rhyming text and vibrant illustrations create an entertaining story around something every child can relate to - feeling sick.  Readers young and old are sure to enjoy little Tess and her imaginative view of the "sick bugs" inside her. Visit www.thesickbug.com<http://www.thesickbug.com> for a preview of the fun!

Written by first-time author Susie Bazil, The Sick Bug is available through national and regional distributors.  It is also available through Beaver's Pond Press/Book House Fulfillment's website at www.BookHouseFulfillment.com<http://www.BookHouseFulfillment.com>; or you can call (800) 901-3480.