[library-media] Teacher Librarians & Strong School Libraries

Juan Lee jtlee at utah.gov
Wed Sep 23 19:26:36 MDT 2009

Dear Librarian,

In a recent American Libraries Direct newsletter I saw these two
articles and I thought you might be interested.

14 Ways K-12 Librarians Can Teach Social Media
http://bit.ly/3QTyqi
Joyce Valenza writes: “A school’s teacher-librarian is its chief
information officer, but in a networked world, the position is more that
of moderator or coach—the person who ensures that students and teachers
can effectively interact with information and leverage it to create and
share and make a difference in the community and beyond. There are at
least 14 retooled learning strategies that teacher-librarians should be
sharing with classroom teachers and learners in the 2009–2010 school
year.”...

Out of circulation: School librarians are in short supply
http://bit.ly/17lbl1
Great examples of what teacher librarians are doing in "the digital
age" to create strong libraries.

Juan Tomás

Juan Tomás Lee, State Data Coordinator/Library Consultant
Utah State Library Division
250 N 1950 W, Suite A
Salt Lake City, UT 84116-7901
Phone (801)715-6769
Fax (801)715-6767
Toll-free (800)662-9150 ext. 769
jtlee at utah.gov

"State agencies' hours of operation are Monday - Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to
6:00 p.m. and closed Friday."