[library-media] Fwd: Dissertation on the positive effect of school libraries and librarians

Fawn Morgan fmorgan at dsdmail.net
Mon Sep 21 08:30:02 MDT 2009

I've just briefly looked at the dissertation linked.  I want to take a
moment to thank Juan.  I always read his submissions to this listserv
because they are always pertinent and useful.  Thanks, Juan, and all
those who share.  Your activity shows how much you value the efforts
school librarians make.  This listserv is a perfect example of colleague
collaboration to better all libraries in the state.  Woo Hoo to you!

Fawn
Layton High

>>> "Juan Lee" <jtlee at utah.gov> 9/15/2009 1:13 PM >>>
FYI

Haves, Halves, and Have-Nots: School Libraries and Student Achievement
in California.
Dissertation available in PDF at:
http://digital.library.unt.edu/permalink/meta-dc-9800

Thanks to Michael Golrick for the link.

Juan Tomás

Juan Tomás Lee, State Data Coordinator/Library Consultant
Utah State Library Division
250 N 1950 W, Suite A
Salt Lake City, UT 84116-7901
Phone (801)715-6769
Fax (801)715-6767
Toll-free (800)662-9150 ext. 769
jtlee at utah.gov
"State agencies' hours of operation are Monday - Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to
6:00 p.m. and closed Friday."

>>> On Monday, September 14, 2009 at  8:40 AM, in message <> wrote:

Hi-

I picked up this citation from Keith Curry Lance over the weekend, and
thought that I would share with you. It is for a Ph.D. dissertation at
the University of North Texas.

Keith was delighted to read Doug Achterman's dissertation--a CA school
library impact study. Bonus: the lit review includes a collection of
tables that offer the best summary to date of the quantitative results
from all the extant studies. Find it all at:
http://digital.library.unt.edu/permalink/meta-dc-9800

Hope this is a good beginning to your Monday and week!
Michael A. Golrick
State Library of Louisiana