[library-media] Fwd: Dissertation on the positive effect of school libraries and librarians

Juan Lee jtlee at utah.gov
Tue Sep 15 13:13:42 MDT 2009

FYI

Haves, Halves, and Have-Nots: School Libraries and Student Achievement
in California.
Dissertation available in PDF at:
http://digital.library.unt.edu/permalink/meta-dc-9800

Thanks to Michael Golrick for the link.

Juan Tomás

Juan Tomás Lee, State Data Coordinator/Library Consultant
Utah State Library Division
250 N 1950 W, Suite A
Salt Lake City, UT 84116-7901
Phone (801)715-6769
Fax (801)715-6767
Toll-free (800)662-9150 ext. 769
jtlee at utah.gov

"State agencies' hours of operation are Monday - Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to
6:00 p.m. and closed Friday."

>>> On Monday, September 14, 2009 at  8:40 AM, in message <> wrote:

Hi-

I picked up this citation from Keith Curry Lance over the weekend, and
thought that I would share with you. It is for a Ph.D. dissertation at
the University of North Texas.

Keith was delighted to read Doug Achterman's dissertation--a CA school
library impact study. Bonus: the lit review includes a collection of
tables that offer the best summary to date of the quantitative results
from all the extant studies. Find it all at:
http://digital.library.unt.edu/permalink/meta-dc-9800

Hope this is a good beginning to your Monday and week!
Michael A. Golrick
State Library of Louisiana