[library-media] A School Library Media Checklist for Principals

Juan Lee jtlee at utah.gov
Thu Aug 6 10:19:54 MDT 2009

Dear Librarians,

I came across this 13-point checklist and I believe it might, at the
very least, stimulate your thinking in making sure your Library Media
Center remains relevant, up-to-date, and the focal point of your
school's daily life. I strongly encourage you to take a minute and
review the list and then share it with your principal and colleagues.

More than ever before, we need to be vocal about the awesome difference
strong libraries make in the lives of students, faculty, and the
community.  Check out the list today:

http://bit.ly/SLMSchecklist

Juan Tomás

Juan Tomás Lee, State Data Coordinator/Library Consultant
Utah State Library Division
250 N 1950 W, Suite A
Salt Lake City, UT 84116-7901
Phone (801)715-6769
Fax (801)715-6767
Toll-free (800)662-9150 ext. 769
jtlee at utah.gov
"State agencies' hours of operation are Monday - Thursday, 7:00 a.m. to
6:00 p.m. and closed Friday."