[library-media] Graphic Novel Classics

Lanae Ritzman lritzman at nsummit.org
Thu Mar 26 08:15:17 MDT 2009

I am a new librarian in a high school library.  The previous LMS did not add graphic novels to the school's collection.  I want to begin purchasing some graphic novels that are based on the classics and Shakespeare, but  I am not sure which ones are most faithful to the original works.  I also want to add the ones that are most appropriate to high school.  I have many catalogs and have looked at many online, but it is impossible to judge.  I would appreciate input from those of you who have graphic classics in your high school library.  Which do you think are best?

Thank you very much for your time,
Lanae Ritzman
North Summit High School