[library-media] Picturing America

Caryn McGinty mcgintyc at grandschools.org
Fri Mar 6 10:22:47 MST 2009

I've become familiar with the curricula for the different teachers in
our school, so I identified teachers who may be able to use the pictures
in their lessons -- mainly art and history teachers. When they came to
the library for other things, I casually showed them the Picturing
America selections and talked about a few ways they could be used in
classes. I reminded a few of them later when they came to check out
certain books or videos. For example, one teacher came in yesterday to
check out a Dust Bowl video, so I suggested pairing it with the Dorthea
Lange photo. That has helped some with getting the word out.