[library-media] Thank you

Debbie Naylor dnaylor at alpine.k12.ut.us
Thu Feb 19 09:20:32 MST 2009

Good Morning!

Debbie, since the Joint Public Education Appropriations Subcommittee passed Rep. Tim Cosgrove's amendment unanimously, it would be appropriate for people to email the committee members to thank them.

In fact, a "Thank you" in the subject line would get their attention as they glance through their email. (Who's thanking me and for what?) The rest of the message can stay the same--stories about the importance of these funds to the overall school educational program, etc.

As of last night, we were still in the budget, with $500,000 left. It's now in the hands of the Executive Appropriations and I'm hoping that the effects of the stimulus package will counteract any further cuts. In other words, the Joint Public Education Appropriations Subcommittee is not making any decisions, nor are they scheduled to..

Still, thanking the  Joint Public Education Appropriations Subcommittee for retaining the line item for school library books and electronic resources is very appropriate.

Members of the Public Education Appropriations Subcommittee:

Rep. Merlynn T. Newbold, Co Chair
merlynnnewbold at utah.gov

Sen. Howard A. Stephenson, Co Chair
hstephenson at utahsenate.org

Sen. D. Chris Buttars
dcbuttars at utahsenate.org

Rep. Tim M. Cosgrove
tcosgrove at utah.gov

Rep. Lorie D. Fowlke
lfowlke at utah.gov

Rep. Kevin S. Garn
kgarn at utah.gov

Rep. Francis D. Gibson
fgibson at utah.gov <fgibson at utah.gov>

Sen. Lyle W. Hillyard
lhillyard at utahsenate.org

Rep. Gregory H. Hughes
greghughes at utah.gov

Rep. Bradley G. Last
blast at utah.gov

Rep. Rebecca D. Lockhart
blockhart at utah.gov

Rep. Ronda Rudd Menlove
rmenlove at utah.gov

Sen. Karen W. Morgan
kmorgan at utahsenate.org

Rep. Marie H. Poulson
mariepoulson at utah.gov

Rep. Phil Riesen
priesen at utah.gov

Patrick W. Lee, Fiscal Analyst

Debbie Naylor
Library Teacher
Lehi High School
180 North 500 East
Lehi, UT,  84043
801-768-7000 X337

"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain."  Louisa May Alcott