[library-media] Utah Instructional Media Consortium

Laura Hunter lhunter at uen.org
Tue Feb 17 16:10:39 MST 2009

Katherine, UEN is a member of the Utah Instructional Media Consortium,
so I can provide a UEN perspective and some of your library colleagues
could share what they know. At 77 cents per student I think the
consortium is the best deal around for educational content. The
consortium licenses collectively about $200K of content each year that
would be completely out of reach for school districts or individual
schools to license on their own. Great care is taken to assure the
programs support Utah Core Curriculum and are engaging for students. In
addition to hard copy retention rights, the consortium also supports
electronic programs through eMedia, and broadcast programs on UEN-TV.

In answer to your question of cost for DVD's, remember that the programs
can downloaded from eMedia at no cost to you, but being part of the
consortium means your teachers have the legal rights to use the
programs. A bargain.

To learn more and to search the collection, you can visit the UtahITV
web site at http://www.utahitv.org/

Feel free to email me if you have any other questions.

Laura Hunter (laura at uen.org)