[library-media] Fwd: Call Your Senators NOW to Save $200 Million For Libraries

Debbie Naylor dnaylor at alpine.k12.ut.us
Fri Feb 6 13:58:43 MST 2009

Debbie Naylor
Library Teacher
Lehi High School
180 North 500 East
Lehi, UT,  84043
801-768-7000 X337

"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain."  Louisa May Alcott

>>> "Michael Dowling" <mdowling at ala.org> 02/06/09 12:42 PM >>>

IMMEDIATE ACTION NEEDED - CALL NOW TO SAVE $200 MILLION FOR Amendment to cut libraries out of broadband package in Senate stimulus bill

Take Action!

Calls to ALL Senators are needed IMMEDIATELY to protect $200 million for libraries, community computing centers and related institutions in the original language of the Senate stimulus bill, H.R. 1, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.   We have just been advised that Senators Kent Conrad (ND-D) and Lindsey Graham (SC-R) are expected to introduce Senate Amendment 501 which would strip funding for libraries and broadband to put additional funding in FDIC.  If introduced, the vote could take place this afternoon.

 If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from us, please click here ( http://capwiz.com/ala/lmx/u/?jobid=115862133&queueid=2885882661 ).