[library-media] Reading Quotes

Debbie Naylor dnaylor at alpine.k12.ut.us
Tue Feb 3 09:10:32 MST 2009

The worst thing about new books is they keep us from reading the old ones -- Joseph Joubert

Debbie Naylor
Library Teacher
Lehi High School
180 North 500 East
Lehi, UT,  84043
801-768-7000 X337

"She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain."  Louisa May Alcott

>>> "Fawn Morgan" <fmorgan at dsdmail.net> 01/31/09 8:41 PM >>>
Dear 8th grade students,

I like "We read to know we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
When I read a thought that really fits my own beliefs, I feel a kinship to the author.  I know someone else feels the way I do so I don't feel so alone.  Do you ever read something and say to yourself, "Yes, right on!" or write a note in the margin if it is your own book? I do, too.

Another quote -
"A book! A book! My kingdom for a book!"
Oh, wait, that was "A Horse! A Horse!"  by Shakespeare.  Just kidding, but sometimes when I'm bored I'd a kingdom, if I had one, for a good book.  Good thing for libraries or I'd be a pauper. :-)

Fawn Morgan
Layton High Library

>>> Kathy Cowley <kathy.cowley at sevier.k12.ut.us> 01/30/09 10:16 AM >>>
I have a group of 8th grade Language Arts students who want to make a
list of favorite quotes about reading from Utah Librarians. Can you
help by sending yours and I'll pass it along to them. Thanks, Kathy

Kathy Cowley
North Sevier Middle School
Everybody's Somebody!