[library-media] Various bulbs and I don't mean tulips

Sarah Herron Sarah.Herron at slc.k12.ut.us
Wed Dec 3 12:03:09 MST 2008

Hello,

I just cleared out my bulb closet! Most of them were projector and/or spotlight bulbs. I had a list from the past 3 years of what people needed for their overhead projectors so I kept only those. Then I asked the teachers that run the TV station and the auditorium to come see if they used the remaining bulbs. Finally, I listed all the bulbs on a spreadsheet and sent it to our district technical services in case they knew of a school that used them. Because some of the bulbs were considered hazardous waste, the district picked up all of the bulbs and will distribute/dispose of them as needed.

Hope this helps!

Sarah Herron

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sarah Herron
Library Technology Teacher
West High School, Media Center
241 N. 300 West
Salt Lake City, UT 84103
801-578-8500 x251

Just read Satchel Paige, Striking Out Jim Crow by James Sturm and Rich Tommaso

>>> "Jane Beckwith" <jane.beckwith at m.millard.k12.ut.us> 12/3/2008 9:55 AM >>>
Hi,
I was looking in my cupboard for a light bulb for a piece of equipment and stumbled upon the wildest assortment of oldies but goodies. It seems like there were only 10 or 12 in there last year. Now I have a whole cupboard.  Perhaps they spontaneously generated over the summer!

What do all of you do with lights that are no longer needed? Is there a clearing house some where? If I made a list and posted it, would anyone be interested?
Jane Beckwith
Delta High