[library-media] Fw: Re: NOTE TAKING IDEAS

Jan Duane janduane at skaggscatholiccenter.org
Tue Nov 25 10:30:25 MST 2008

NOTE-TAKING RESULTS

Many attachments, ideas from others, one powerpoint with an example of how notes may look using Amelia Earhart, notes used, not used, web sites, , etc.

Thanks to all of you who send materials.

Jan Duane

I made the attached template to use with my freshman.  I have them add their notes right to the template and then save it as there own word file. It may not work for you but I like the way that it has worked for me.-Bill--

When I was at the high school we used the Cornell system of note  taking. You can find it on the internet. It is a great way to help them  stay organized and also study for a test.
  Jean

Because we have the avid program here we use Cornell notes.   I have included  the Imap from the Avid program on pages 63-70 Has  information and examples.  Please use as you wish but you may not say that  you are an avid school if you have not actually joined the project and been  trained.

Trash-N-Treasure method of Teaching Note-Taking (Grades 3-12)

I use Noodlebib for citations and note cards. In 6th and 7th grade weteach citations and in 8th grade we add the notecards feature. My students find it very user friendly and the teachers love being able to see all the student files at their fingertips. No more "I left my notecards at home"excuses. I have not had much experience with Google Notebook so I can't speak to using it.

http://www.nwlg.org/pages/resources/knowitall/studyskills/studyskills.htm

  http://www.worksheetlibrary.com/subjects/graphicorganizers/