[library-media] Help!

Ladawn Broberg Ladawn.Broberg at slc.k12.ut.us
Mon Oct 20 12:49:38 MDT 2008

Dear Colleagues,

As representatives of the school librarians on the Utah Library Association Board, we would like to get your input and ideas on what you would like to see happening in collaboration with the public librarians.

What could we offer or present at the ULA convention in the way of workshops that would be of interest to you and to the public librarians?  Are there programs or events you would like to see developed between public and school librarians?
Are there issues currently related to the school libraries you would like discussed?

 The strength of the school and public librarians together when it comes to seeking legislative support on issues could be powerful.   An issue that comes to mind is having certified teacher librarians on the elementary level in all Utah schools.  I know the ULA supports this.

Please discuss this in your district meetings or with each other.  If you have any thoughts or ideas email them as soon as possible.

Thanks for your help.
LaDawn Broberg, Chair,  ladawn.broberg at slc.k12.ut.us
Richard Huff, Vice Chair, richard.huff at nebo.edu