[library-media] Publisher for student book?

Fawn Morgan fmorgan at dsdmail.net
Wed Sep 24 08:44:21 MDT 2008

Don't you just hate it when your rewards come and you absent at a training or some such thing?  Yesterday I was out learning to make DVDs with Adobe Elements when a past student stopped by to show me the book he has published.  So instead of a reward in person I came back today to find his note which read, "Look this up. This is how far I have made it. Dark Guardian by David Bluhm at Amazon or Barnes and Noble."

In answer to Paula's question, he published it through Publish America.
http://www.publishamerica.com/
http://www.quietvision.com/
Isn't there a local university that does private publishing and has presented at UELMA, ULA, and UEA? Share with us all so we can share publishing sources with our wannabe authors.

Fawn
Layton High

>>> "Paula Cloward" <paulacloward at alpine.k12.ut.us> 9/19/2008 8:51 AM >>>
Library colleagues,

I've had a student inquire about publishing a book she's written.  I know in the past I've heard of publishers that do that do that.  Could anyone share that information with me?

Thanks!!
Paula